When customers use the services of Edute Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “the Company”), the Company collects certain information necessary to send products to customers, to contact customers regarding orders and inquiries, and for similar purposes. This information (hereinafter “the Personal Information”) includes customers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Purposes of Use of the Personal Information
The Company uses the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Using contact information such as name, address and telephone number, to ship products to customers and to bill customers for products and services
- To contact customers to confirm order details, shipping methods, etc.
- To inform customers about campaigns conducted by the Company and about products and services
- To improve services and promote sales
- Using contact information such as name, address and telephone number, to respond to customer requests and inquiries
Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company never discloses, sells or lends the Personal Information to any third party without the agreement of the customer, with the following possible exceptions:
- In response to a request from an official body such as a court of law or police
- As specially provided by law
- To prevent loss of life, injury or loss of assets to a third party, when the customer’s agreement cannot be obtained
- To protect or defend the rights, assets or services of the Company, when the customer’s agreement cannot be obtained
- In response to a request from the customer to disclose the Personal Information, subject to confirmation of the customer’s identity
- Disclosure of the customer’s Personal Information to a manufacturer, to expedite shipment directly from that manufacturer to the customer
- Disclosure of the customer’s Personal Information to a manufacturer, in response to an inquiry regarding a product defect or return
When a customer orders a product, the Company deems that the customer has consented to the Company’s handling of said customer’s Personal Information.
Note: Method of Confirming Identity
Please send the Company a copy of a document that confirms your identity, such as a driver’s license or health-insurance certificate. The Company will disclose the Personal Information as described above once your identity is clearly confirmed.
The Company uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect your Personal Information. The name, address, telephone number and other Personal Information you enter is automatically encrypted. Even in the unlikely event that the data you send is intercepted by a third party, the information it contains cannot be accessed or stolen.